- Iceberg lettuce head 1 medium
- Oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Onion finely chopped 1 medium
- Ginger minced 1 inch piece
- Garlic cloves minced 6-8
- Arambagh’s Chicken Mince 1 cup
- Fish sauce 1 teaspoon
- Soy sauce 2 teaspoons
- Red chili flakes 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 tea spoons
- brown sugar/jaggery 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Spring onion greens finely chopped
- 2 Peanuts Roasted and crushed for garnishing
- Fresh coriander Chopped for garnishing
- Thai sweet chili dipping sauce for garnish
Cut the stem of the lettuce and refrigerate till required.
Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add the onion and sauté till light brown. Add the ginger, garlic and continue to sauté. Add the chicken mince and cook for five to seven minutes. Add fish sauce, soy sauce and mix well.
Add chili flakes, lemon juice and brown sugar and mix well. Add salt, spring onion greens and mix well.
Separate the lettuce leaves to make cups.
Arrange the lettuce cups on a serving plate an place the chicken mixture on other side of the plate. Keep the roasted peanuts, coriander and Thai chili dipping sauce separately.
You can also stuff the cups with the prepared mixture, sprinkle roasted peanuts, coriander and drizzle the dipping sauce and serve.